We have some unique weekends planned throughout the year and while they aren’t as large as Oktoberfest they all have some special events taking place and feature a variety of interests.
- The fun begins in February around Valentine’s Day with “Romance Weekend” and a chance to get away with your sweetheart.
- After Romance Weekend, return in February for the Amana Colonies Wedding Showcase to plan your wedding in the Amanas.
- April brings the award-winning “Take a Bite”, it’s a 3-day food festival with special dinners and culinary discoveries.
- June gives way to some outdoor activities with “Colonies in Bloom” showcasing some of the best early season flowers in selected private gardens throughout the villages.
- July includes “Kinderfest”, a day dedicated to the kids and families and “Colonies in Bloom” returns late in the month for a viewing of the late season floors and gardens.
- August rolls out with “BRIC” (Bike Ride of Iowa County) followed by “Model A Day” as 80-100 vintage vehicles roll into town.
- September is apple season and the Colonies celebrate with Apfelfest (Apple Fest) featuring apples and apple foods.
- Just before the holidays in early November, we give the ladies a weekend of relaxation and fun with “Girls Getaway Weekend”, it’s their last chance to relax before the busy holiday season.
All of our themed weekends promise a great time in the Colonies, just pick you special interest and come on down.