You’ll have no problem feeling at home when you visit the Amana Colonies. Our local bed and breakfasts are staffed by welcoming innkeepers that will make you feel like family as soon as you walk through the door. After exploring everything the Amana Colonies has to offer, wind down in one of our historic homes turned accommodating bed and breakfasts.
Interested in a more scenic stay? Our 60-acre full-service campground is only a half-mile from the village of Amana and offers RV sites as well as tent camping. We also have many hotels and motels in the area. Seek solace from the busy routine and enjoy a warm stay with a personalized touch.
- Come stay with us at an artist’s residence and studio in the historic district of High Amana. Experience the atmosphere of a colorful German home built in 1863 complete with antique Amana-made furnishings, and artwork. Set a time to relax in a stuffed chair in his studio, and watch Gordon paint. Hear some Amana stories from this 4th generation colonist. Two units are available exclusively by way of airbnb.com: Unit 1 – Upstairs apartment with full kitchen, private bathroom, and 4 beds: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23945758 2 beds: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25977053 Unit 2 – Downstairs spacious suite with a shared kitchen, private bathroom, and 2 beds https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24021568
- You will find rest and relaxation at our beautifully restored Amana Sunday School built in 1870 and used as a school until 1981. The inn was completely renovated in late 2012, finished in 2013. Two suites with queen size beds and private baths. WI-FI-Antique furnishings-TV-Air Conditioning-Large Common Area-Smoking allowed outside of home. Rates are affordable and based on double occupancy plus tax. Cash or check only. Room rate includes a full breakfast. For reservations, call (319) 622-6097 or (877) 767-3233.
- We are located in Homestead, Iowa, one of the seven historic villages of the Amana Colonies. Zuber’s is a two story historic building built in 1862 as a hotel for this village. As increasing numbers of people traveled by train, additional lodging was needed in this village, thus the “Homestead Hotel” was built. Guests at Zuber’s today get to hear that bit of history as the train line is still active with trains both day and night. When you come to visit the Amana Colonies, let Zuber’s be your choice for a relaxing stay in one of our 15 themed guest rooms. Each room is uniquely decorated to celebrate Iowa’s rich heritage, culture, people, and places. We are happy to tell you about these unique 7 villages and suggest things to do and see. For those staying more than one day, in your room you will find a notebook filled with history of the area and suggestions of day trips related to the theme of your room or we are happy to offer suggestions. Between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. each day a sweet treat is laid out for our guests as they check in, and a hot buffet style breakfast is served daily between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Our building has enjoyed the history of being a hotel and communal kitchen for just over 80 years, then Bill Zuber’s Restaurant where for over 50 years visitors to the Amana Colonies could enjoy hospitality and quality food served family style, and has now become a combination of hotel and restaurant as a Bed and Breakfast style hotel. We are a ‘hotel like no other’ where you can pick a room themed to demonstrate a connection between the Amana Colonies and the state of Iowa. You can enjoy a quiet retreat, visit with owners, Bonnie and Brian, our staff, and with other guests. After a day of shopping and sightseeing come back and relax in our Wagon Wheel room, on our patio, or in our large back yard with multiple places to sit – that feeling you’ll be having is called “Gemuetlichkeit” ‘ being home, belonging, relaxed, with family and friends’.
- You’ll find Lace Lodging just 1/2 block off main street Amana, behind the General Store. Lace Lodging is housed in the first prayer meeting hall in Amana. The building is made up of a sandstone structure and a wood structure. Following a rich history, Lace Lodging is now “home” to 3 multiroom suites and a privately owned Salon and Spa. There are two main floor suites and one upstairs suite. Each suite is priced for two people, however Suites 1 and 2 can sleep up to 5. Suite 1, The Coventry Suite is located in the wood structure. It has a full kitchen, living room, bed room and full bathroom. Suite 2, The Victoria Suite, is located upstairs. It has a sitting room with a day bed, bedroom with a queen bed, bedroom with a king bed, bathroom with a shower unit, and a sitting room with a kitchenette. Suite 3, The Rose Suite, is designed for two. It is located on the main floor in the sandstone part of the house. This suite is designed for a couples get-away or bridal suite. There is a full kitchen, sitting room, bedroom with a king 4 polster bed, full bathroom, and a room with a two person whirlpool tub. Also located in Lace Lodging is Tracy’s Salon and Spa. Guests of Lace Lodging will receive a discount in services at Tracy’s. Lace Lodging is a lodging, so no breakfast is served. Guests are welcome to bring their own food and use the kitchen or kitchenette in each suite or take a short 1/2 block stroll where you will find two of the Amana restaurants.
- You will find rest and relaxation at our spacious one-room suite. We feature a private entrance, private bath, washer, dryer, and microwave all with a great location on the main street of the village of Amana. Located just steps away from shopping, restaurants, wineries, and the Amana Heritage Museum. A full home cooked breakfast is featured. Cash and checks are accepted only, sorry no credit cards. Rates are seasonal so please call your hosts Howard Jones and Betty Peterson at 319-432-8103.
- The Amana RV Park is a peaceful, scenic place for a getaway. Our 80-acre, full service, campground is located in the heart of the Amana Colonies just 1/2 mile from the village of Amana. Enjoy level campsites, full and partial hookups, showers, laundry, free Wi-Fi, a camp store and a four-vehicle sanitary station. The park offers over 450 RV sites as well as tent camping. Over 20,000 square feet of meeting and event space is available. The RV Park is open April – October with staff on duty year-round to help you plan your camping getaway or event. Events and large or small RV rallies welcome. Visit us at www.amanarvpark.com Book a campsite online here or give the registration line a call!
- If you are looking for an authentic experience of the warm hospitality and simplicity of the Amana Inspirationists, Die Heimat is the place for you! Located in the scenic little village of Homestead, just 3 miles from the Amana village with its shops, museums, and theatres, Die Heimat’s 15 unique and beautiful guest rooms offer a range of accommodations and rates. Every room has a private bath, flat-screen cable TV, and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Several rooms have accommodations for folks with accessibility issues and the building can be entered by a lift to avoid steps. Die Heimat Country Inn is a charming and historic building which has been operating as a place of lodging continuously for nearly 60 years. It was the original stagecoach stop and railroad inn of the 1850s. It also served as a communal kitchen in the days of communal Amana. Die Heimat is a perfect blend of history and modern comforts. Its decor is in keeping with Amana traditions, such as “Amana-blue” walls, Amana-made furniture, quilts, antiques and artwork. Ours is a simple wooden structure, with the charm and quirks of an 1850’s building. Marc and June, owners since 2014, have updated and renovated to provide guests with enhanced modern amenities along with an experience of “Gemutlichkeit” (friendly and welcoming).A delicious full breakfast is included with your stay. At breakfast, be sure to ask your hosts about both Amana history and current life – June and Marc love to share stories of this peaceful and unique set of villages! Die Heimat Country Inn is featured in “1,000 Places to See Before You Die” and “Stay on Route 6.” We look forward to welcoming you at the Inn! We also have the old Homestead General Store located right beside us. It is now “Next Door: Die Heimat Event Center”. Our 15 room inn with an event center conveniently located next door make us an ideal location for family reunions, retreats, classes, weddings, or other events and celebrations. Ask us about hosting your group!
- Enjoy a relaxing stay in our beautifully appointed bed & breakfast, located in the heart of the historic Amana Colonies. Dating back to Amana’s communal era, our establishment features seven, non-smoking rooms, each with private baths. Located in a secluded setting, enjoy a large deck area with a grill for guests use. Enjoy a full, family-style breakfast. Great location for family gatherings, couple retreats and girlfriend get-aways!
- Location, Location and Location…… We are the only Motel located in Main Amana within the walking distance of all major attractions of Amana Colonies. We invite you to visit the seven unique Amana Colonies! While you are here, you will find our Guest House Motel a comfortable, convenient overnight stay. We have a great outdoor Patio for our Guests to get Relax and Socialize. We offer 33 Rooms with modern amenities at reasonable price along with unbeatable customer service. Enjoy the nostalgic charm of our 162 year old Sandstone House with 5 lovely rooms and 2 Suites.