No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Come stay with us at an artist’s residence and studio in the historic district of High Amana. Experience the atmosphere of a colorful German home built in 1863 complete with antique Amana-made furnishings, and artwork. Set a time to relax in a stuffed chair in his studio, and watch Gordon paint. Hear some Amana stories from this 4th generation colonist. Two units are available exclusively by way of airbnb.com: Unit 1 – Upstairs apartment with full kitchen, private bathroom, and 4 beds: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23945758 2 beds: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25977053 Unit 2 – Downstairs spacious suite with a shared kitchen, private bathroom, and 2 beds https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24021568
- The Old Creamery Theatre is dedicated to performing high-quality, live professional theatre for audiences of all ages and interests. The company offers a wide variety of plays each season, as well as many different educational opportunities. Featuring approximately 200 performances in 2017, the 300-seat Main Stage season features favorite comedies, musicals, mysteries, and more. The Old Creamery Theatre is Iowa’s longest-running professional theatre. All actors, directors, designers, and technicians are paid professionals. These professionals are gathered together from all over the country to provide a high-quality theatrical experience for the audiences. Since opening its doors in 1971, just over two million patrons have enjoyed live performances by The Old Creamery Theatre. For more information or to see what’s playing right now, call the box office at 319-62-AMANA (319-622-6262) or visit our website at www.oldcreamery.com.
- Brau Haus: (Definition) The name simply means Brewing House! In August 2016 the Millstream Brau Haus was born! For years the Millstream Brewery owners had said that it would be wonderful to add an authentic German Bierhalle to the Amana Colonies. Great German bar food paired up with great German-style beers (plus a few others…) is now the theme of our new venue! Adding the Brau Haus gives Millstream Brewery the opportunity to make more ‘one of a kind’ brews and specialty beers only to be sold in the Brau Haus! And of course, these special brews are complemented by delicious German-style pub food! No family style meals here, just good old Amana made brats, Chicken Schnitzel Sandwiches, Hand-made twisted pretzels and much more. We create a “One of a kind” experience for all to enjoy during your visit to the Historic Amana Colonies. With our great staff, we feel blessed to have such a wonderful family at the Millstream Brau Haus! We hope you enjoy your visit!
- Climb the rainbow boardwalk to the Deborah Kimm Gallery. Enjoy a comfortable, casual shopping experience housed in the spacious 2,000 square foot lower level of our home. Our delightfully quirky antique brick & cedar house is nestled in the woods of ‘Waldenburg’, German translation for home in the woods. Browse the gallery! Here you will find an eclectic collection of original fine art and crafts, antiques, original & print batiks, hand-blown glassware, home & garden accessories, affordable prints and award winning fine photography by artists from around the corner and around the world. DKG is also an authorized dealer for ‘The Naked Bee’ organic lotion featuring the delightful scent of Orange Blossom Honey. One of my favorite things is the NB facial sunscreen & body lotion made with “All the good stuff,none of the bad stuff”! Engage in a little bird watching if you like and take some time to relax and enjoy a complimentary beverage with a delicious sweet treat. A little off the beaten path… Located 2 miles north of Main Amana off Highway 151 at 3172 121st Street. The Deborah Kimm Gallery is open May through November on most Sundays from 11:00am to 4:00pm. Appointments are welcome! Call 319-213-5466 to visit the gallery outside of business hours.
- Owner Chris Davies and her staff invite you to experience Heritage Designs, a destination for quilters, stitchers and those who love the needle arts. Heritage Designs Quilting & Needlework was established in 1976 and is located in a renovated old granary built in 1895 in the heart of historic Amana. With 14 foot ceilings, the space is perfect for showcasing the shop’s HUNDREDS OF SAMPLE PIECES that are sure to inspire your creativity. In addition to being a full service quilt shop with nearly 4000 fabrics, you can find a full line of supplies for counted cross-stitch, punchneedle, embroidery and tatting. In 2009 Heritage Designs was selected and featured as a Top 10 Quilt Shop in North America by Quilt Sampler magazine. Known throughout the Midwest for an extensive collection of batik fabrics and Asian prints, other fabrics include a treasury of reproduction lines including Civil War and 1930s, as well as a wide variety of designer lines, basics & solids, and classic favorites. There is something for every taste. Browse a wide selection of quilt kits, patterns, books and notions including Dovo scissors from Germany and other unique accessories. Located next to the Amana Visitor’s Center, with ample parking and handicap accessibility, the shop is open 7 days a week with general hours Mon-Sat 9-5 and Sundays 11-4. When you visit be sure to inquire about upcoming events and take advantage of assistance from the knowledgeable and friendly staff. No matter what your style or skill level, you’re sure to leave with a treasure and a smile when you visit Heritage Designs in the heart of beautiful Amana.
- Come visit Iowa’s Largest Walnut Rocker. This rocker is a big one….over 11 feet tall and weighing more than 650lbs! We invite you to climb on in and take a family picture. The kid in you will be glad you stopped in on your tour of the Amana Colonies. Located at the Broom & Basket Shop in West Amana. There is no charge for this attraction but a free will donation is greatly appreciated.
- The Amana Colonies Visitors Center is located in the village of Amana, in a restored corn crib. The Visitors Center is your first stop for information about the Amana Colonies; providing Visitors Guides, maps and brochures for area businesses. Menus for all Amana Colonies restaurants are also provided. The Amana Colonies Visitors Center also serves as the offices of the Amana Colonies Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACCVB). Founded in 1965, the ACCVB is the oldest organized Convention & Visitors Bureau in Iowa. The ACCVB is a membership organization representing the many businesses and entities making up the tourism industry in the Colonies. The ACCVB operates the Amana Colonies Visitors Center, publishes the annual Visitors Guide and maps, and maintains this website. Our Visitors’ Center is open Daily from 10am-4pm. Lodging The Visitors Center provides a lodging wall to assist you in making your overnight accommodations. Information for local bed & breakfasts, inns, motels, and hotels is provided. Visitors Center staff is happy to assist you. Rentals The Visitors Center rents wheelchairs and strollers for your convenience. Contact the Visitors Center for availability and pricing. Tours Village Voyage History Tour-Join us Monday -Saturday from May thru October we as we lead a guided tour of the Amana Colonies we call our Village Voyage. This 2 hour tour includes stops at most of the key Amana Colonies historical sites where you will learn about our unique history. The tour includes a 20 minute video presentation along with stops at the only surviving Communal Kitchen, the Church Museum, and a century old General Store. The cost is only $20/adult and $18/ child. The tour departs from the Visitor Center at 11 a.m. and seats are limited. We suggest you call 319-622-7622 to reserve your seat. Village Voyage Arts and Crafts Tour-Monday-Friday from May thru October we offer an afternoon tour of four different arts or crafts businesses in the Amana Colonies. This 2 hour tour begins at 2pm and includes a variety of traditional and modern art and crafts of the Colonies. Each day features something different, one may see a tinsmith, artist, furniture makers or another traditional crafts. The cost is $15/adult and $13/child. The tour departs from the Visitor Center and seating is limited. Please call 319-622-7622 to reserve your seat. Village Stroll Walking Tour-Take an hour long walk with an expert guide through the streets of Amana. The tour illustrates the historical aspects of communal life, architecture, and more. The Village Stroll tour is available most Wednesdays and Thursdays from May thru October. The price is $7 per person. Call 319-622-7622 to reserve your spot. Guten Appetit – A three to four hour walking tour offered twice a month (the second and fourth Thursday) by Visitors Center staff and takes you on a sampling tour of the many restaurants, specialty food shops, wineries and brewery located in the Colonies. Cost is $25 per person, reservations required, please call 319-622-7622 to reserve your spot. Driving Directions From Interstate 80, take Exit 225, turning north on Hwy 151. Travel along Hwy 151 for five miles until you reach the intersection of Hwy 151 and Hwy 6. Turn left on Hwy 6 to go to South Amana, West Amana and High Amana. Turn right to go to Homestead, Amana or Middle Amana. The Amana Colonies Trail, Hwy 220, is a 17-mile loop that connects all seven villages.
- Location, Location and Location…… We are the only Motel located in Main Amana within the walking distance of all major attractions of Amana Colonies.We invite you to visit the seven unique Amana Colonies! While you are here, you will find our Guest House Motel a comfortable, convenient overnight stay. We have a great outdoor Patio for our Guests to get Relax and Socialize. We offer 33 Rooms with modern amenities at reasonable price along with unbeatable customer service. Enjoy the nostalgic charm of our 162 year old Sandstone House with 5 lovely rooms and 2 Suites.