Looking for a special place for your wedding, reunion or corporate retreat? The Amana Colonies offers a unique setting you can tailor to your specific needs. Many local bed and breakfasts and inns provide lodging and meeting space for workshops, family events, and small meetings. We also have options for larger scale accommodations in both formal and rustic settings.
Whether you are looking for an escape from the cookie-cutter world of weddings, a high-tech space for your office retreat, or an outdoor events center for your next trade/sports show or festival…the Amana Colonies have a space for you.
- Price Creek Event Center is a newly renovated 12,000 square-foot wedding and event venue located on Main Amana’s Main Street next to the Visitor’s Center. We provide comfort, relaxation, convenience, and everything else you need all under one roof, all to help save precious time to make your day special. With the rental of Price Creek Event Center you get the following:Exclusive use of our facility from 8:00am-1:00am Use of our upper level ceremonial room (included but not required) Complimentary bridal suite (adjacent to Amanda’s Salon By Amanda, located in our building) Complimentary groom’s lounge Private gathering area for your family Main level ballroom with seating for up to 250 Round tables and cross-back chairs (staff sets up and tears down) Linen tablecloths (staff sets up and tears down) Chinaware, stemware, and glassware Raised stage with head table(s) Built-in dance floor Use of our professional sound and lighting system Private, on-site parking Handicap accessible End of event cleaning servicesP.H.A.T. Daddy’s is our exclusive, in-house caterer who provides servers and bartenders as needed for your event. We take great pride in having an on-site kitchen as it guarantees that we are able to serve our guests with the freshest food possible. We do not allow for outside food/caterers to be brought in with the exclusion of cakes. Are you looking to host a private or corporate event other than a Wedding? We can help! Price Creek Event Center is the perfect venue to host a reunion, retirement party, birthday celebration, anniversary, graduation, or a corporate event. We are excited to offer Sunday brunch on major holidays, check out our website for details! Our goal is to provide each and every guest an exceptional level of service with unique amenities to match.
- “Where your love story is captured in a celebration as unique as the love that brought you together” As an ordained minister in the state of Iowa, I’d be honored to be your Wedding Officiant. I thoroughly enjoy working with couples to create a special ceremony just “as you wish” – formal or informal, spiritual or secular, serious or light-hearted while incorporating your own beliefs, lifestyles, and vows. I specialize in outdoor ceremonies and have built a breathtaking site which overlooks one of the ponds on our property located in the timber just north of Amana. I honor all beliefs and lifestyles. Please contact me to learn more about my services and how I can help create your special day!
- This landmark restaurant is enjoyed by local residents as well as our many visitors. Sometimes, all you really want is a simple, old-fashioned meal. The name “Ronneburg” comes from the medieval fortress in Hesse, Germany, bearing the same name, which sheltered the Amana ancestors during their religious persecution over 200 years ago. The historical Ronneburg Restaurant is located in an original communal kitchen until it opened as a restaurant in 1950, where thick plaster and brick walls complete the ambiance for your traditional family-style dining. Now, for over 60 years, the Ronneburg has been serving German and American dishes including family-style dining, lighter meals, sandwiches, salads, soups, and breakfast. Some of our most beloved specialties include our sauerbraten, wiener schnitzel, jaeger schniztel, and sausages. Want to take a break from all the shopping? Join your friends in our lounge. In addition to our full-service bar, we proudly serve locally produced wines, beers and sodas. Those hosting a private event can reserve our newly renovated Beer Garden, located on the upper level of our restaurant. This is a beautiful space to host rehearsal dinners, reunions, birthday celebrations, anniversaries, and even corporate events.
- The Amana Heritage Society maintains a group of arts-and-culture museums that display and interpret artifacts and photos of the history of the Amana Colonies. The Amana Heritage Museum is comprised of three 19th Century buildings, set in spacious grounds. The Noé House, built in 1864, was originally a communal kitchen and later a doctor’s residence. Recently updated exhibits in the Noé House trace the history and development of Amana, include stories about Amana residents, and display the varied crafts and industries of the Inspirationists. Temporary exhibits and special programs focus on particular aspects of Amana’s culture. The Schoolhouse was built in 1870. An audio visual presentation on Amana’s history is shown regularly in the Schoolhouse auditorium. The original washhouse/woodshed, an integral part of communal Amana, houses wine-making and gardening displays. With an intact communal-era kitchen, cooper shop, blacksmith shop, a well-preserved church museum, a research library for scholars and a working General Store, we preserve and make available to the public all aspects of Amana’s history. We also have a museum bookstore that has many great books for both adults and children on topics ranging from Amana history to cooking and knitting. Check out our virtual bookstore here. HOURS Amana Heritage Museum Open Daily April 1- October 31 Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm Sunday 12pm-4pm
- The Amana RV Park is a peaceful, scenic place for a getaway. Our 80-acre, full service, campground is located in the heart of the Amana Colonies just 1/2 mile from the village of Amana. Enjoy level campsites, full and partial hookups, showers, laundry, free Wi-Fi, a camp store and a four-vehicle sanitary station. The park offers over 450 RV sites as well as tent camping. Over 20,000 square feet of meeting and event space is available. The RV Park is open April – October with staff on duty year-round to help you plan your camping getaway or event. Events and large or small RV rallies welcome. Visit us at www.amanarvpark.com Book a campsite online here or give the registration line a call!
- If you are looking for an authentic experience of the warm hospitality and simplicity of the Amana Inspirationists, Die Heimat is the place for you! Located in the scenic little village of Homestead, just 3 miles from the Amana village with its shops, museums, and theatres, Die Heimat’s sixteen unique and beautiful guest rooms offer a range of accommodations and rates. Every room has a private bath, flat-screen cable TV, and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Marc and June Hershberger, owners since July 2014, are constantly updating and renovating to provide guests with enhanced amenities and a genuine experience of “Gemutlichkeit” (friendly and welcoming) Die Heimat Country Inn is a charming and historic building which has been operating as a place of lodging continuously for nearly 60 years. It was the original stagecoach stop and railroad inn of the 1850s. It also served as a communal kitchen in the days of communal Amana. Rooms are furnished with Amana furniture, quilts, antiques and artwork. A delicious full breakfast is included withyour stay. At breakfast, be sure to ask your hosts about both Amana history and current life – June and Marc love to share stories of this peaceful and unique set of villages! Die Heimat Country Inn is featured in “1,000 Places to See Before You Die” and “Stay on Route 6.” We look forward to welcoming you at the Inn! We also have the old Homestead General Store located right beside us. It is now “Next Door: Die Heimat Event Center”. Our 16 room inn with an event center conveniently located next door make us an ideal location for family reunions, retreats, classes, weddings, or other events and celebrations. Ask us about hosting your group!
- Moses de los Santos Photography is a wedding photography service based out of Amana, Iowa. This professional photography studio specializes in capturing the uniqueness of every wedding day. Moses has over eight years of experience in capturing special moments, including all of the laughter, tears, and joy of your big day. Whether you’re looking for a playful and modern style of photography or want something more traditional, Moses can help you create images that fully capture the beauty and magic of your special day. Services Offered Moses de los Santos Photography provides couples with a diverse range of photography items, such as Italian printed heirloom albums, canvases, digital files, matted prints, prints, and proofs. As well as wedding day coverage, couples can also book engagement shoots, trash-the-dress sessions, and wedding portraits. Some of the services that Moses and his team offer include:Additional hours Destination and travel High-res images Liability insurance Multiple locations One event a day Second shooter available Slideshow(319) 343-6345 or (951) 551-5502 by FlashMall” href=”#”>mobile/text
- The Old Creamery Theatre is dedicated to performing high-quality, live professional theatre for audiences of all ages and interests. The company offers a wide variety of plays each season, as well as many different educational opportunities. Featuring approximately 200 performances in 2017, the 300-seat Main Stage season features favorite comedies, musicals, mysteries, and more. The Old Creamery Theatre is Iowa’s longest-running professional theatre. All actors, directors, designers, and technicians are paid professionals. These professionals are gathered together from all over the country to provide a high-quality theatrical experience for the audiences. Since opening its doors in 1971, just over two million patrons have enjoyed live performances by The Old Creamery Theatre. For more information or to see what’s playing right now, call the box office at 319-62-AMANA (319-622-6262) or visit our website at www.oldcreamery.com.